Friday, July 30, 2010

Advice, Support & Words of Wisdom, Being Induced Tomorrow A.M.?

hello everyone,





so my due date is March 20th which happens to be tomorrow and im being induced at 7 am. On tuesday at my last appointment the doctor said i was dilated 2 cm, but i feel perfectly fine, the only reason im being induced is because I have a very lazy baby boy and rather than monitoring him via ultrasounds and NST, she figure since ill be 40 weeks, why stress me out with more monitoring and testing and just have me have him in my arms.





All looks fine but he hasnt been the average active baby and im not really looking like 40 weeks, but he is weighing in per ultrasound review at 6.7 and that was last week i believe (sorry had some many ultrasounds im not even sure anymore), we arent sure if its because i have an anterior placenta that i cant feel much movement but in all honesty im scared as all hell. I hate hospitals and needles and being in pain. This is my 1st for me and my husband and we are as excited as can be but i cant find any words of wisdom to help me through the thought.





Further, everyone that i have spoken too about being induced say contractions are much more intense than if i go into labor on my own and trhen i hear most end in csections.





HELPPPPPPPPPP !





NO RUDE COMMENTS, IM 25, so i am more than able to provide and care for a child, just figure i wouldnt be induced figure i have the movie type of birth, water breaking, contractions, etvc..





Thanks everyone !Advice, Support %26amp; Words of Wisdom, Being Induced Tomorrow A.M.?
Ask for an epidural and you won't feel a thing. They gave me one the same time they started inducing me. I didn't feel a thing. I freaked out so bad though because I too am so scared of needles. They had to give me medicine to calm me down through my iv before the epi. And you know it didn't hardly hurt at all.Advice, Support %26amp; Words of Wisdom, Being Induced Tomorrow A.M.?
Everything will be fine, I was induced with my last two children and those were the easiest deliveries for me (out of four)....Good luck and this time tomorrow you will be holding your bundle of joy :)
God go with you honey


congrats too :)
Yay! You are having your baby on the first day of spring! I was induced with my son (5 years ago) and the labor did last a long time, but I had an epidural, so most of it was slept through. : )


You should be fine as long as you concntrate on you and making that baby come out. I don't know what it is but for some reason when you go to deliver your baby your fears go awaY (mostly). Honestly, what I tried to keep in mind the whole time was ';women have been doing this for all of time and it started out where the did not he any medicine or technology... so if they can do it, so can I'; .. it helped. I did not require a c~section and I know plenty of ladies who were induced and gave birth just fine. Congratulations! Good luck! I am so jealous that you get to have your baby boy tomorrow! : )
well you will be fine I have been induced in the past and still had my kids fast with no meds and natural. I have said this before im a very small women and I did fine. Just relax and you will be ok.And think of this if u live all this time with a living thing kicking and moving ur insides u can do anything. A determine focus woman can do anything she puts her mind to. good luck and congras
I was induced with my son 17 years ago. It was terrible because, for starters, the nurse didn't put the IV in my vein. It went in my tissues which caused a minor infection later. Bad part was, the pitocin (Inducing drug) didn't work fast enough because it wasn't in my vein, so my labor lasted 9 hours before they finally broken my water. Then something bad happened. The cord flushed out in front of the head and prolasped. I ended up having an emergency c-section after 17 total hours of labor. I had to be put to sleep too, which sucked. Bottom line, make sure they do the IV right, and if they break your water, make sure the baby's head is down there far enough that the cord won't get flushed out with the water. I think you will be fine thou so don't worry. A lot of women get induced every day. I think I was just one of the unlucky ones. ha


I wish you the best and congrats on your little baby boy!!!


PS I'm not trying to scare you. I just wanted to give you the advice to look out for certain things. :)
well I have some advice for you. I have 5 children from 12years to 11mo and i was induced with all but 1. They were all over 8lbs my largest was 10lbs and to tell you the truth i only had drugs with the onw i went into labor with. The only thing is you need to be calm, remember it is not going to last forever. If they break your water your labor will be alot stronger. Dont Eat it will make you sick. If you need to scream,cuss whatever do it. Try to get up nd move, showers are great. I think I lived in there!! But remember once you see your baby you will not remember anything about it. Oh Yea I did not have a c-section once. Good Luck Tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment