Friday, July 30, 2010

Depression - advice/help/words of wisdom?

i'm going to grad school in the fall, so i have something ot look forward to.





i don't have a summer job and really have no money, so i don't go out of my apartment much. i go for walks every day and i cook food for fun, but mostly, there isn't much i consider fun and more and more i find it harder to get out of bed. plus, i've been SO tired, i sleep like 12 hours a day. i've been trying to find a job, but no call backs.





i don't have friends in my life and my family ... well, they're downers and being around them makes me feel worse.





i kinda feel like life and time are just passing me by.





it's only june, and i'm afraid the hole might get deeper as the summer goes along. help?





oh, and i don't have health insurance and, like i said, i don't have a job or money, so please don't suggest i go see a doctor.Depression - advice/help/words of wisdom?
Graduate school is an exciting time and it can also be stressful. However, since God has allowed you to get accepted and start the higher education journey, let us think of it as a blessing. Always stay in the word of God and remember if you don't have a job, perhaps God wants you to take this time out to know Him more. I am also struggling with finding friends and a wonderful boss of mine gave me a book that helped me to realize that I was focusing on finding friends and not finding God. This scripture should help you, '; and we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.'; Romans 8:28. Good friends will come when God allows them to come. You may meet people in graduate school and form lifelong friendships. Take some time to prepare and I want you to know that other people (like me)are going through the same thing. Try to scope out a church if you can. Don't worry keep doing as you are and remember God loves you.Depression - advice/help/words of wisdom?
I am with you on that one. There are few,if any people who really love God and are not simply playing the religion game. I am so glad that you got something out of it and I am almost sure you will enjoy graduate school and partake in things that are new, exciting, and fun. God Bless, smile:)

Report Abuse



Get involved with a local Christian congregation. If your not a believer, become one and grow with people your age so they can mentor you on your journey.





The reason I say the Christian faith is so important to have especially if you are depressed because you can find hope in knowing that you will go to paradise after death where there is no more pain or suffering. A perfect life.
It helps me to get up at the same time every day, go for a morning walk and make sure I talk to people in person. You have an education, perhaps you could volunteer to tutor a child that needs help with reading or math. Volunteering is the best way to get your focus on something other than your current circumstances. I also get lifted up by going to church and reading Psalms in the Bible.
Well, we are kind of in the same boat (going to grad school + no job).





Just for something to do, I joined a political campaign (its a great way to meet people and get out of the house).





As for words of wisdom, just remember that you control your on fate. You have to make things happen.





As my late grandmother always said, ';G*d helps those who help themselves.';
Well, until you can land a job, I'd suggest getting active in the community through volunteer work, like at a soup kitchen or animal shelter. You'll get out more, you'll meet new people, and you'll gain some more confidence. :)





Good luck! Hopefully your energy will pick up soon.
My heart goes out to u. this is a really perilous time we live in financially, spiritually and emotionally. this is really the time to throw your burden on god. We cannot handle it all, he have to let god take some of the burden off of us, he encourages it at Psalms: 55:22. when we let god take over what ever we are going through we are showing faith in him.





a JW
Set some goals and get to work on them. I dont care if it is to ride a bike 100 mile or plant a flower garden. Just set some goals and it would be even better if those goals were benefiting someone else too.
Stop in at your local churches. Many of the them have young adult services with tons of stuff going on.
Pray, my dear, and He will be kind to you.











God Bless.
College is a wonderful thing as it will help you reach financial goals. However, your goals may be a little distorted. If we sum it all up, true success is happiness and I don't recall that having a hell of a lot to do with financial success. You may not need to see a doctor; maybe you're one yourself! Take a moment, grab some paper and pin (not pencil). Write as fast as you can, anything that comes to mind. I mean, write intensely!. When you have nothing else to say, read what you wrote. Maybe you'll find a clue as to what the problem is and maybe, even a start to the solution.
  • beauty advice
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment