Friday, July 30, 2010

I am getting my belly button pierced next week. Any advice/words of wisdom? I'll take the most advice I can.

Please only answer if you have experienced getting yours done. I don't want people freaking me out by saying, ';I think it hurts';. Thanks everyone!I am getting my belly button pierced next week. Any advice/words of wisdom? I'll take the most advice I can.
ok i just got mine pierced a few months ago..im terrified of needles and dont even have my ears pierced but my friend took me on a whim to get over my fear and because i think it looks cute. anyways i was pretty scared going into in and basically they clean your belly they draw a dot where they are going to pierce it then you lay down on reclined chair they take forceps and squeeze it tight ...youll feel presure and then they pierce it... i never saw the needle because i was already shaking and rembling before i got there but my friend came in with me and he held my hand the whole time..so i suggest bringing a friend in. after it might be a little red and tender , make sure you eat before you go in so your blood sugar doesnt drop and you eat a few hours after...its gunna hurt a little but not so bad just be careful...sitting down and getting into cars willl be a little awkward i felt like a pregnant woman who was about to pop for the first week...if youre a stomach sleeeper you will have to wait a week or so before you can, avoid swimming for a few weeks and put a bandaid on it...wash it with unscented soap 3 times a day and 3 times a day with sea salt and water on a qtip...it takes 4-6 months before you can change the ring.... i know thats a lot of info but i totally didnt know what to expect going into it...right after i got it done i was in some pain but im a baby but im soo glad i got it done...i love it, best of luck with the modification...hope i helped ease your fearsI am getting my belly button pierced next week. Any advice/words of wisdom? I'll take the most advice I can.
To be honest, it is a little painful but the wait/anticipation is scarier than the actual piercing. Do your best not to think about it beforehand, I guarantee that worrying will make it seem so much worse.





After you get it pierced, buy some spray-on Bactine or other antibiotic spray. It can easily get infected, especially in the first week or two, so you want to spray it often. When I had mine done, I put neosporin all over it and then covered the area with one of those big band-aids and that worked wonderfully. Also, make sure to keep your hands away from it in the first week.





Also, don't make any plans that involve any walking, running or other athletic things for the first week or two. Your stomach will be sore and you will not want to do anything athletic as that makes it worse. Take some motrin for the swelling and the soreness.





All in all, the first two weeks can be a little rough after you get it pierced, but after that you will have a beautiful piece of jewelry. I absolutely love mine and I'm so glad that I got it done. It is worth the trouble.
Actually, it isn't that bad. Just lay down and don't watch it being done. I think that my cartilage ear piercing was alot worse than my belly button. Taking care of it was pretty easy, too. Just keep it clean so it doesn't get infected. Good luck!
I had my belly button pierced when I was a teenager. The best advice is: Dont share belly button rings with your friends!!!!! Which includes practicing very good hygiene. When switching out rings, always soak them in peroxide for a few minutes.
  • beauty advice
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment