Friday, July 30, 2010

Any advice? Perhaps words of encouragement?

I'm trying to whine or anything...I'm just kinda down I guess...and I know there are helpful people on here.





Ever since I was a kid I wanted to join the military. Never played with barbies, GI Joes baby! And I when I turned 17, I did join the Army. And I picked a job that would get me as close to the front lines as possible!...Military Police.





Well I'm in the Reserves and now I'm 24 weeks pregnant and I have a husband (i was single when I joined). I was about to volunteer for Iraq, (was actually supposed to leave in Jan) when I found out I was pregnant. I wanted to volunteer because I wanted to serve my country more than anything...but now...I'm going to have a son.





I'm supposed to have orders next year to deploy...my son will be about 1...and I hate it! Dont get me wrong, I still want to serve my country...but I don't know how I'll leave my baby or my husband! What do I say to a one year old when I know there's a chance I won't come home? What would you say?Any advice? Perhaps words of encouragement?
wow, i seriously don't know what to say


i have a one year old and can't imagine leaving him





you have a family now and it makes people look at life differently





just enjoy what you can now





and hope things will get better





good luck





;-)Any advice? Perhaps words of encouragement?
:( I don't know anything about enlisting in the army or anything -- but is there any way you can like... quit? Or do you have some sort of contract deal with them for a certain number of years? Is there any way out if you have a child? Or could you switch so your not a front-lines-woman? That would be heartbreaking to have to leave your baby knowing you may not even see him again.
im so seorry for you that is such a hard desision I really wouldnt know what to sayto my one year old im sorry that I cant help but you'll be in my prayers good luck and I hope you get an answer that will help you with this very very hard question once again Good luck
My husband is currently deployed for the second time. We just had our first son, so he is missing the whole first year of his life. Its hard, but many people are doing it right now. The best thing (if you do get deployed) is to have a webcam, lots of phone calls, and you should really get a video camera and tape yourself reading books, and talking to your son. This will insure that he will be able to see you everyday and remember you. Its hard, but you can do it.
Youre thinking too far ahead of your time and its only natural for a would be-mother like you.. I admire your love for your country but in this case you should choose between serving your country or staying with your family whom you love so much..


I will be praying and asking God for that feared day NOT to happen...with God's help, the war is over by then....
I cant pretend to imagine the situation you are in right now. That would be very difficult for me if i were in your position. If i were you.. and i understood that i might not come home.. i would make a video for my son/daughter if that should ever be the case.. letting them know why i went, and letting them know that i love them and wish i could have been there and letting them know things that are important for life..





A one year old will find it difficult to understand or comprehend what you are saying... I dont know that you can really explain it...





Spend the time that you have with them now.. live in the moment..


I would also ask yourself, if you are sure this is what you want to commit yourself to do.. its a big sacrafice and i know that many women and men have sacraficed themselves for the sake of your country.. but its a question that needs to be ask and its a question you need to answer..





Ask honest questions, get honest answers..





Truth is.. i couldnt leave if i had a one year old child.. their needs would come before the needs of others..





Im sorry, this may not help you.. but i hope that you find the answer you are looking for.. the answer that wont come from anyone else but yourself.
If you get rude answers ignore them sweetie....bunch of idiots...





I'm married to a marine so I know what you mean on this one...The best thing that you can do with a one year is just tell him that mommy is going away for a while but will be back. Don't concern yourself with telling a one year old that you may not come back. Whenever you get a chance to call home, call!! You can't really explain to a one year old what is going on. Just make sure that your husband shows your son pictures on you all the time and that he frequently talks about mommy and mommy is off being brave and maybe even show him some footage on tv of soliders or magazine clippings of them so that atleast he can place you in his mind of what you may be doing.





Good Luck and i'm sorry that this is so hard but I know exactly how it is.
truthfuly i think u need to talk to ur co about this bc he/she will be able to give u the best answers..... all u can do if u have to go is be truthful with ur son. and call write send pics as much as u can.. i have a 2 year old girl who'sdad is gone and he never calls her but thinks she will know him when he gets here to take her on his mid tour.....
I feel really bad for you. I mean really-really sad for you and your son. I do admire your dedication to our country. And I must say thank you. But, back to what you asked...what to say to a one year old when you leave. Well, I guess since he will be so young, you say you love him and you will see him soon. I hope he will have many pictures of you to look at. I hope your husband reminds your son about you everyday that you are away. I know your heart must be crumbling. It's very sad. I hope you won't have to stay in Iraq very long. I will keep you, and your son and husband in my prayers, along with the other men and women serving in the war. Best wishes to you!
I would get out of it.... When one of my friends had a baby she got out of the Air Force.... serving your country in nice but sometimes family needs to come first..... Think about it and see what you can do....
its up to you but either way. i hold the up most respect for you. you are a great women! some people could really learn a lesson by reading this .i wish you and your family the best and thank you for fighting for our country.. THATS AWESOME!! either way you are already a hero!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment