Friday, July 30, 2010

Can anyone advice me on the wording of a letter to my bank?

I was over drawn and after my next monies went in, paying all but 拢10 off. I asked them to close my account (which I realise they cant do owing to the 拢10) but now each month the amount is going up by 拢20.. how on earth do I write the letter to the bank? I have also been on the dole since the over draw happened and really cant afford for it to continue happening each month.Can anyone advice me on the wording of a letter to my bank?
I would go %26amp; see your bank and explain the situation to them. Ask them to freeze the balance %26amp; offer them a payment plan to clear the balance the bank will like you making the offer. All you have to do is communicate I am sure they will understand. Good luck %26amp; hope it goes well!Can anyone advice me on the wording of a letter to my bank?
Firstly, how many months has this gone on for? I think it would be a good idea if you went to your local citizens advice centre. They would be able to help you draft a letter and also help you get on top of your finances. You should be able to find the number in your phone book.


I hope this is of some help albeit minor. Good luck!
Dear Sir,





I recently asked you to close my account but was advised that this was not possible as I was 拢10 overdrawn.





As I had recently lost my job and rely on jobseekers allowance it has been difficult for me to raise the 拢10 to pay in and clear the overdraft.





It has now come to my attantion that the account is 拢XX overdrawn due to Bank charges being applied.





I appreciate that charges are made when customers go overdrawn without prior arrangement but I find it excessive that these charges are being levied every month to an account which i am no longer using and had every intention of closing.





Due to my current financial situation the best I can offer is to repay the original 拢10 I was overdrawn and and an additional 拢5 to cover the cost of the banks administration in this matter.





I would be most gratfeul if you would give this carful consideration and advise me of your decision at your earliest convenience as i am very distressed that the situation may worsen.











How about that. Worth a try. You may obviously want to tweak it a bit.
ask them for an overdraft then draw everything out to the full then simply keep the money and dont pay a penny back.

No comments:

Post a Comment