Saturday, August 21, 2010

Advice for getting over a breakup? What are your words of inspiration or positive thoughts?

I am going through a breakup, which is always difficult. After a year of being together my seemingly amazing boyfriend decided that he wanted to party non-stop with his friends and ignore me for a 1 month period.





We were both going through transition phase in life, I wanted to go through it with him and he wanted to go through it without me. I told him several times that his actions were hurtful but to no avail.





I had to breakup with him because he seemed unwilling to change or even think he was doing anything wrong. things have spiraled out of control and he goes from being really mean and blaming me to crying and saying sorry every other day. I think contact has finally ceased.





I have no interest in getting back with him as I have seen that he is not such a great person after all and do not want that in my life.





what gets you through it? what thoughts are comforting to you and keep you strong?Advice for getting over a breakup? What are your words of inspiration or positive thoughts?
I really, really feel for you. I recently went through the end of my 3 year relationship with a man I loved.





The advice I can offer:





1. Keep busy - tidy, organise, make!


2. Arrange things with your friends. As many things as possible!


3. Exercise. This is a brilliant one, you look great you feel great, and you don't think about them while you're doing it. Do something new, it'll be your new thing, and it's all yours, nothing to do with him! I swim.


4. Eat! I am sure you don't feel like eating, but please keep doing it!





Love. Lots of it. It'll get better. Keep going! And stay strong. No contact is the way to go...trust me!Advice for getting over a breakup? What are your words of inspiration or positive thoughts?
I just went through almost the exact scenerio. It's tough. He still wants to talk and his emotions are all over the place, but you just need to keep thinking that you deserve better. I know I do. Someone who really loves you, will stick by you through the tough times as well. I've been keeping myself really busy with family and friends. I've also been distracting myself with work. I deleted his number from my phone and avoid his calls at all costs. The calls are finally stopping and I am feeling better. I'm sure you're feeling bad for him and wanting to help him, but that will only make things work. Best thing to do is stop taking his calls and distract yourself with as many other people as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment