Saturday, August 21, 2010

I need advice or words of encouragement?

I have recently gained weight..About 1 year ago my husband said a nasty commet about me weight during a argument,,however I never forgot it...My self esteem is so low I hate going annywhere,doing anything,I wont have sex without a shirt,,,I always feel down like someone is talking about,staring at me,,pointing and laughing...My husband regrets and has app.he dose try to make me feel good but I feel I'm traped in my own body,,,So any advice,words of encouragement ot help me overcome this...much neededI need advice or words of encouragement?
I am sure he didnt mean what he said, when people get into arguements they say things they dont mean. I dont know how over weight you are, but I went throught the same thing with my husband. I was always skinny even after having kids I hit my 40's and the weight came on fast I went from 130 to 170lbs (height5'5 )in 2 years. My son who is 8 one day said to me mom are you having a baby. I was devasted. So that was it. I started slow I would walk the beach every morning before work a mile then 2 miles. Then I would have small portions no sugar at all. I would take my 8 year old after work to walk the beach again with me. And in one month I lost 12lbs and losing. Start slow smaller portions,and drink water, walking and then move onto cardio stuff like riding a bike etc. Now I feel better. You dont have to feel trapped just say I am going to lose weight and do it. It may take a while for you to lose but you can do it. Forgive your husband and move on, and take control of your life. Good luckI need advice or words of encouragement?
Of course your self esteem is flailing! Your husband has scarred you and made you worry even more with his spiteful words. My advice would be to work on self acceptance. Whether that self be chunky or thin. And then begin to realize that you are not trapped in your body, you have the power to change it if you so choose, and maybe your husband should realize that often when their chunky wives lose their excess weight they also tend to lose their excess baggage (namely them) in favour of someone who loves them unconditionally. Good luck to you. You can do it. You're ok no matter what size you are, love yourself, the rest will come.
Why don't you and your husband join a gym together. That way you guys can help, encourage, and work out with each other.





Change your eatinghabits and get out and do things.





Don't waste time being down about it. Fix it and as you fix it you're outlook will start to change and you will feel better.
Try losing the weight, I know it's hard but isn't it harder feeling the way you do right now. Most people try those stupid quick fix diets that don't work. Make your own plan you know what you should and shouldn't eat and how much is really to much. You don't need someone to tell you that. Also get a buddy a lot of people want to loose weight I am sure you have a friend that can be a walking partner or gym buddy so you can motivate each other. When you have a weight lose buddy it really helps because people are natural competitors we like to do better than others so it really motivates you try it and don't give up it takes patience to lose weight but you can do it. In the mean time it may cost a little money but get you some outfits that compliment the body type you currently have. Good luck and if you try this keep us updated on your lose so we can also motivate you and cheer you on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment