Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I need alot of words of wisdom and advice please?!?

I am being induced Sunday night/ Monday morning. I will be 5 days over my due date on Monday. I go in to have the gel put on Sunday night and then Monday morning at 4am my doc said he will break my water. As of last Monday I was only %60 effaced and not dilated any! He does not seem worried about anything but I am! I here about all these people having emergency C sections that were induced. I dont want to go through ALL of that and then have extreme complications. This is my first. Anything to make me feel better?I need alot of words of wisdom and advice please?!?
I have been induced 3 times out of the 6. The reason for two of them is that they were 12 days overdue, the reason for the other was that my water broke and I still had no contractions 9 hours later. I was induced with the gel once, on one of the 12 day overs, as my cervix was not fully effaced, and hardly dilated. None of the inductions ended in a C-section, actually neither did any of my other births. I think that since you are overdue, everything will go ok. I think that C-sections due to induction are far more likely to happen when they try to induce labor too early (like in the instance of high blood pressure, or for other medical reasons). I will be wishing you all of the best. You do however have to go into it realizing that even if you weren't induced, there is always a chance of ending in a C-section no matter what.I need alot of words of wisdom and advice please?!?
calm down stress can cause labor to drag on, just relax and let the doctors do there job they know what they are doing. my sister had the same problem as you and she had a natural and quick labor and they are both doing fine. get all the rest you can cause you'll need to be rested have your husband massage you and take lots of naps. sometimes even just a cuddling session will calm you.
Refuse the induction. Unless the baby is stressed there really isn't any reason for it. Due dates are only accurate plus or minus 2 weeks, so you may not actually be over due. I'd tell him you want to wait another week and see. Then let him induce. Doctors like to rush things because an induction is easy to schedule, but this is your body. If you don't feel right about it then don't have it done.
Listen to your doctor they should know what tey are talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment