Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Please send me words of wisdom, comfort or advice.Can u still be in love with an ex after 10 yrs?

You know how they say you need to kick a guy to the curb if he aint treating you right coz u deserve better. That's what i did to my first love, but now i'm married and i couldn't stop thinking of my ex, and I think of him wit love in my heart after 10 years since the break-up. Some ppl might say hat I need to move, trust me I would do anything to forget him, at least for a while, but memories of him became stronger after I got married to my husband which I think is weird, or could it be that people only fall in love with one person their entire lives. Tht would mean I am in love with the guy I met when I was 14 years old and today I am 28 . And could it be that young that one maybe be, it is possible to fall in love even if grown ups tend to say we are to yong to kn ow what we want.. but I spent a good deal of my teenage years until early adulthood with my ex... I feel guilty that I have no love for my husband, I am with him because i wanted to move on wit a good man.. but it is not easyPlease send me words of wisdom, comfort or advice.Can u still be in love with an ex after 10 yrs?
You made the choice to be with your husband you got married to him you gave your heart and soul to him so work it out together get marriage counseling. You can fall in love with anyone you choose. It's not right to be thinking of another man while you are married you need to focus on the now and make your marriage and life better. Do something special for your husband and think less about yourself and more for him and you may learn to appreciate him some more you would be surprised. Watch a movie called FIreproof it may help you realize some things.Please send me words of wisdom, comfort or advice.Can u still be in love with an ex after 10 yrs?
Let me tell you for a fact, it is ok to still love your ex. Just remember why that situation does not exist today.


Maybe you left for the right reason or the wrong. But, if you current situation is working for you. Stick with it.


Cherish what was.. But, keep building on what is..
yes and no bc it will pass it is like a phase
please understand that you are only in love with the idea of him and the way things were at the time. you've changed, he's changed...trust me, some things are better left in the past. i don't think that you are still in love with him. i think that you loved him at that point in your life. i also think that you should try to work things out with your husband. i know you can't help how you feel, but you can control your actions. but alas, if you truly don't love him, he deserves someone who does. and trust me, if your husband is a good man, g'luck trying to find that again.
I FEEL YOU. IT IS POSSIBLE TO LOVE HIM STILL BUT I THINK ITS JUST YOU LOVING WHAT USED TO BE. I HAD MY FIRST LOVE AT 14 AS WELL WE WEREN'T TOGETHER FOR THAT LONG 2 YEARS. HOWEVER I THOUGHT HE WAS MY SOUL MATE SOMETIMES STILL DO. I TOO AM MARRIED WITH TWO BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN BUT I OFTEN MISS WHAT I ONCE HAD. BEFORE I MARRIED AND HAD MY KIDS I ALWAYS VISUALISED HIM AND I GETTING BACK TOGETHER ONCE I HAD IT ALL. AFTER OUR RELATIONSHIP HE BECAME MY BEST FRIEND. I COULD STILL FEEL THE LOVE. AFTER BEING TOLD BY SEVERAL PEOPLE THAT HE STILL LOVED ME AND YOU COULD COMPLETELY SEE IT IN HIS EYES I STILL IGNORED IT. I LOVED HIM AND STILL LOVE HIM TIL THIS DAY HOWEVER SOMETIMES YOU REALISE THAT ALL THOUGH YOUR HEART WANTS SOMETHING IT ISN'T THE BEST THING FOR YOU.I LET HIM GO FOR SEVERAL REASONS. I KNOW THAT IT WAS THE BEST THING FOR ME I DO MISS HIM TREMENDOUSLY OCCASIONALLY AND EVERY NOW AND THEN DROP IN ON HIS MYSPACE PAGE LOL. I KNOW ITS TIME TO LET GO. I THINK YOUR IN LOVE WITH THE MEMORIES ONLY THE GOOD ONES. OBVIOUSLY SOMETHING TORE THE TWO OF YOU APART WHEATHER IT BE A GOOD REASON OR ONE OF STUPIDITY IT WAS DONE. I AM ONE WHO BELIEVES THINGS HAPPEN FOR REASONS. I BELIEVE THAT YOU MET YOUR HUSBAND A GOOD MAN BECAUSE ITS WHAT YOU DESERVE. ITS NOT THAT YOU DONT LOVE HIM ITS THAT YOU FIND ALL THE FLAWS WANTING NOT TO LOVE HIM BUT WHEN YOU LOOK INTO HIS EYES AND HE GIVES YOU THAT LOOK OR WHEN HE DOES SOMETHING THAT MAKES YOU GIGGLE OR MAKES YOU THINK IM LUCKY YOU KNOW YOU DO. MY HUSBAND IS A BEAUTIFUL MAN SO I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. ITS BEEN 10 YEARS BUT HE WAS YOUR FIRST LOVE. THAT WILL NEVER CHANGE YOU WILL ALWAYS LOVE HIM FOR FOREVER BUT JUST REMEMBER ITS THAT MAN YOUR WITH THAT BREAKS HIS BACK TO GIVE YOU AND YOUR KIDS EVERYTHING HE CAN. THAT HE LOVES YOU WITH ALL HIS HEART AND YOU KNOW THAT HE WILL NEVER DO ANYTHING TO EVER HURT YOU. IF HE'S ANYTHING LIKE MINE GIRL YOU NEED TO REALISE WHAT YOU HAVE BEFORE YOU LET HIM GO. THERE AREN'T MANY LIKE THEM ANYMORE AND YOU CAN CONSIDER US ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES! SOMETIMES WE ARE JUST TO STUPID TO REALISE IT. SORRY FOR THE ESSAY LOL.
Is it possaible here that you truly believe that you don't deserve a good man? Do you think you deserve a man who is a ';problem child'; in your life who treats you badly? The start of your question sounded like you were describing your former relationship (plus you were still a child when you were with him). If I interpreted this accurately, then this is a self-esteem issue, honey. Seriously, get yourself into some counseling with a female counselor who specializes in women's issues. Please don't give up on your marriage yet. If he is a truly good man, ask him to be patient while you work on yourself and try to get through these emotional issues. You are not required to tell him what those issues are, but let him know you are really stuck with some problems from your past and you are trying to work them through. I wish you well, hon.
It is quite possible to be in love with someone yet know it is impossible for you to live with him - for your own health and sanity. As for having trouble letting go, many psychologists believe that we biologically imprint on our early loves from our teen years - that is, our experiences are so new and intense then that they leave a lifelong impression on us. That would explain why so many people never ever completely get over their first love. That being said, in those same teen years our brains are not yet fully developed - that does not happen until our mid-20's. That explains why so many of those first loves don't survive forever - when our brains are developing we make many decisions that we later realize were not safe or appropriate for who we are as adults. So what you are feeling for your ex in not unusual. As for your husband, why did you marry him? I suspect you are more in love with him than you may realize. Try spending more time alone having fun with him talking with him like you did when you were dating. And if you can't work this out on your own, find someone to talk to - a counselor, a pastor - so that you can get your life on track again and put those loving memories of the past where they belong now - in your past - so you can truly enjoy living in the present.
have you considered having him for a little bit of fun on the side?

No comments:

Post a Comment