Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pregnancy woes...could use some words of comfort or advice?

Hi ladies,


I'm 17 weeks pregnant. I'm excited about the baby, but have been feeling pretty down about what this is doing to my appearance and our sex life. My skin has rashes and breakouts, my hair is uncooperative, and my gums are a wreck. I'm also not far enough along to look obviously pregnant; instead I just look fat. Doesn't really help that my hubby just lost 50 lbs, and I'm getting bigger while he gets smaller. Anytime the people close to me comment that I'm ';showing';, it makes me self-conscious. This, of course, makes me feel insanely guilty because the expectations are that pregnant women be radiantly happy and selfless at all times.





On top of that, I had heavy spotting after the last time we had sex. Doctor said we could try again, but I feel sick at the idea that I'll bleed more which makes it hard to get into it. On the other hand, not having sex for 5 months is going to be hard on our relationship. Please help...feeling sad and unsure about this whole thing. ThanksPregnancy woes...could use some words of comfort or advice?
I think almost every woman goes through at one point or another what you are feeling. I felt as you did when I was 15-18 weeks pregnant. I just looked chubby %26amp; not pregnant. I disliked looking at myself in the mirror. As the weeks went by I just snapped out of it %26amp; now I am enjoying my pregnancy. I will deal with the weight loss once I have my baby boy. The changes your body goes through are bitter-sweet in my opinion. It's wonderful that a little baby is growing inside of you but also depressing on what this is causing to your body- lol. My husband %26amp; I have been very paranoid about sex since I came out pregnant. We don't have sex very often but do occassionally. Just keep constant communication %26amp; show affection %26amp; that is currently working for both of us. Remember this is just temporary.... Good luck %26amp; congrats! :o)Pregnancy woes...could use some words of comfort or advice?
dont worry everyone feels self conscious about the middle showing...r u wearing maternity clothes? they usually help make you look pregnant. and in a few weeks you will be obviously pregnant and will feel better.as for the sex if the doctor says its ok then go for it, my husband and i had the same thing and it took a night where he truely made me feel great and sexy for me to try again but it was worth it. also take advantage of not showing too much because once you do its harder to have fun sex.





focus on your baby and enjoy this time in your life its really the only time you are congratulated and grateful for a big belly...just think the bigger the belly the healthier the baby!





relax and enjoy!
cheer up. everything will b better once the baby comes. just make sure that u eat enuff, and do things that make YOU happy. stop worrying about everyone else and worry about you.


remember that u are important too, n focus on that, and also on the health of the baby.


eat well, excerise each day, and take each day one day at a time.


Pamper your self, with sweet smelling lotions and potions, and worry about nutten. If the rashes are being a problem, ask the doc what does he suggest, and go with that.


be well..
i was somewhat in your shoes hun...put it this way... I was 130lbs when i got pregnant and now i am 37 weeks...i weigh 217!!!!!!! I have never been in the double digits in oants in my life...stretch marks are unreal and im in so much pain from the swelling...but look at it this way...there is a mericle inside you and that mericle is causing the marks and the pain...and to me thats just beautiful...knowing that this mericle is healthy and strong...just look at it as those marks are from something that is completly yours, and yes the sex has been hard for my husband and i also...he gets so frusterated because im not in the mood and i spotted for a while like you...sometimes i just had to suck it up and satisfy him...try doing it in lighter ways like lay on your side and let him do his thang...its much more comfortable on you and not less plesurable for the man....good luck hun and just keep your head up

No comments:

Post a Comment