Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Can someone give me some words of comfort and advice about standing up in class and talking?

You see I have this presentation in class about what I want to do for a career, and what college I want to got to after high school. And I have to present it to my class tomorrow. I am trying to keep my self calm and collect about this whole situation. But I don't like that feeling of being nervous and have those jitters. I was thinking should I not do the presentation. but I will get a bad grade and my teacher will hate me. And I don't want that. I am so scared I have been trying for years to get rid of this fear of crowds but I can't and I all ways back out at the last minute.Can someone give me some words of comfort and advice about standing up in class and talking?
I had this problem too, until some 3 years ago.


Then I started thinking: ''These people in the class/audience are nothing better than me. Moreover, I am the best here and everyone should envy me. The teacher is better than me only in some fields, and it is ME who rocks in all other fields, so I should not be afraid of anything. They should be afraid of me.''





That's the way you should think.


I apply it now in job interviews, and it works.





;)Can someone give me some words of comfort and advice about standing up in class and talking?
SAME HERE:


Only im not afraid of speaking up, it's just my face gets all red like a tomato and my friends keep laughing at me, it soo sucks, my mum had the same thing and she said it never went away sooo :[ fo me.


YOU:


should just get up and do it no matter what WHO CARES???


NOBODY'S GONNA SLAP YOU ON THE FACE.


It usually calms me down when i look realy good that day so that i wont be afraid of people talking about me during the presentation.:]
We used to have ';impromptu'; book reports. The teacher picked a name out of a hat and that person had to get up and give a mini book report stating, the stories main character, the setting, and how they liked the book so far. No preparation at all. Your presentation can be short and sweet, state only facts and stick to your notes. Standing in front of the class is really tough for some people, just remember once it is over you've taken a giant step forward. These are your classmates and they all share your uncertainty. I know this is easier said than done, and I wish you good luck.
1) Read your presentation over and over again so that when you're reading it in class you won't have to keep looking at your notes. You'll get more marks if you can do your presentation without having to continuously look at your sheet.





2) Smile.





3) The other students in class are likely to not care what you're saying because they're busy worrying about when it's their turn.





4)Be confident about your presentation. The more confident you are about it the more confident you'll be about yourself.





Hope I kind of helped.








******





This is from one of the best answers -


1. Smile. If you smile in front of people, they will be more accepting of you and you will start to notice that they respond to you more positively.





2. Eye Contact. Make sure you keep your head up and looking at the audience - to your left, centre and right consistently.





3. Speak on a slower pace and breath. This will make your more relaxed.





4. Most importantly practice beforehand! I used to practice my speech at least 30 times so I new my material inside out. So if I forget a line when I am actually doing a speech, I am able to compose myself easily and just go onto the next point.

No comments:

Post a Comment