Saturday, August 21, 2010

Any advice or words of wisdom for a 22 week pregnant momma to be..?

Hey. I am 22 weeks pregnant today. I sometimes have days where I still seem to have some morning sickness. no throw up though which is great.. I am having some pains every so often in my belly and my guess is that they are growing pains because my uterus is stretching for the baby. I cant really get much sleep because no position is easy for me. I feel more comfortable just relaxing on my back but have been reading to many things pointing me away from doing that. We just found out that we are having a girl. Is it possible to feel like this pregnancy is taking forever or that I feel like my partner is not always by my side. event though he is 100%. I just have alot of thins running through my head and dont really have anyone to talk to about anything.Any advice or words of wisdom for a 22 week pregnant momma to be..?
Everything you have described both physically and emotionally are 100% normal. Talk it out with your partner and tell them that you feel the way you do but be nice about it because we pregnant women have lots of hormones they may not be ignoring you as much as it feels they are.


Sleep on your side (either one) and stuff a pillow behind you back, and put one between our knees. use two for your head or one of those ones with a roll in it.


The growing pains subside and then return sometimes later i pregnancy.





Congrats on the baby girl!Any advice or words of wisdom for a 22 week pregnant momma to be..?
In a little while, sleeping on your back won't work. Get used to sleeping on your side.


By the way, enjoy whatever sleep you can now as in a few months sleep will be really hard to get.


Try warm milk at bedtime, good for you and good for the baby. It helps relax you so you may get to sleep more easily.
You are normal. It's hormones making you grouchy and as she grows, your gal will start excreting her own jolts of estrogen, which will make you feel even crazier! (I am telling you so that when you feel that ';I know this is ridiculous'; urge to cry during that Gerber baby food commercial thats on TV or seeing the childbirth video in the prep class makes you wail like an infant - not cause you are scared, but bc it's amazing - you'll know what I'm talking about and what is causing it.... LOLOL). I am a back sleeper myself. I have a big husband pillow that I layer with two pillows. I can sleep on my back that way, but propped up so that I am not flat. More like reclining. That usually works for part of the night cause I hate sleeping on my sides... LOL. I do still rotate between those two positions though. You are so totally normal and yes, it can seem to be taking forever, because I bet your are only barely showing too. The more she moves and kicks and the more you grow, the more excited you will get. And then you will start to get uncomfortable and grumpy (it's cramped and those pesky hormones again - ha). And then you'll have her and it will be wonderful! Hope I helped. *big hug*





EDIT: And a huge ditto on the benedryl. I have that stuffiness too and that in addition to not being able to sleep and snoring (my poor sweet husband suffers through this temporary unattractive state) led my MD to also recommend taking 1 to 2 benedryl. It helps a lot - with relaxing and with stuffiness.





And yes, those sound like growing pains. You are right on track for that too. I hope that we arent' annoying you like the other gal said she felt, since I gathered that you were looking for reassurance and an ';I know just how you feel'; because I do know. You can take tylenol for the round ligament pains (growing pains). They DO hurt.
http://pregnancy.healthguru.com/content/鈥?/a>





There is a lot going on at this point in the pregnancy so its no wonder you feel a little all over the place. I highly recommend this website,its a great week by week guide to your pregnancy and a nice place to meet other mommies to be. Good Luck
awww, a baby girl!!! they're wonderful : ) hang in there!!
I had a girl nearly 6 weeks ago. I had sickness up until 3 weeks before I had her, and she was 15 days late. I was very emotional during my pregnancy and often just sat and cried most of the time and felt alone, no matter how many people that I had around me at the time, and the more that women told me that they knew what I was going through the more that I got annoyed with them. The pains that you are experiencing sound like they are where your uterus is stretching and you belly growing. I think that if you feel like crying then cry, better out then in. Good luck and I hope that it goes well. If you want to email me then I am sure that you can contact me again through here!
Your feelings are completely normal...your man is trying harder then you think it's just hard for them because they don't completely understand what is going on with your body. Believe me, I understand your frustration...just hang in there..your half way through! The pains in your belly are most likely your stomach muscles streching cause your baby is getting bigger...I would talk to your doctor about sleeping on your back and see what he/she thinks...as far as the nausea....have you been tested for gestational diabetes?...I was like that...real nauseated and then when we found out I had Gestational Diabetes they put me on a diet and I felt great! Good luck...I hope things get better!
we are in the same boat


this is my third child but my hubby is more into this one


sleeping is terrible i cant stand it my dr told me to take a benydrl before bed and that should help some


other then that the stuff you are feeling is normal its hormones they too will pass soon enough hope all is good with you and your baby


P.S im having a boy so some stuff is different
  • beauty advice
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment