Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Any words of encouragement or advice for my situation?

I graduated with my A.A this year.I hoped to further my Education at a 4 year school this Fall but due to financial difficulties and a husband who would rather go clubbing 3 times a week and help his mom with her bills and buy a car than help me pay my tuition,I will not be attending.I have always been strong and ambitious.I always took my Education seriously.I now feel hopeless and discouraged.I also have a baby on the way.I did not plan my life to turn out this way.The only thing that keeps me going is knowing that I was given the gift of motherhood and I will soon be showered with unconditional love by my little one.Any words of encouragement or advice for my situation?
Congratulations on your graduation and your upcoming bundle of joy!





I know this situation can be stressful, but have you talked to your husband about it?





I can understand your frustration with your husband, but he may have good motives for his actions.





Perhaps he feels that with a baby on the way school is not a priority. He may be going out clubbing to enjoy his last moments before becoming a father, and I think it's great that he's supporting his mother. This shows he's a family man, and hopefully he will do the same for you when you are the mother of his child (which is soon!) Also, the car may seem extravagant, but it may also be part of preparing for your family, so maybe ask him if this was the case.





If you haven't already, try to explain to your husband how important your education is to you. It may be difficult to go back to school until your child is a little older, but which is help in caring for the child, it is definitely possible. Tell him how important this is to you and that you feel discouraged. Tell him you are concerned about some of the decisions he's been making and that you would like to know what his priorities are. As the mother of his child, you should definitely be somewhere on the top of the list!Any words of encouragement or advice for my situation?
You have the power to control your own life. Everything you have thought and done up to now has brought these events into your life. Everything you are doing now is planning your future for you. Try applying for student loans or grants to further your education. I was able to get some great aid for my last 2 years of school. Took me 10 years to pay it off but it was worth it.





Try watching ';You Can Heal Your Life'; by Louise Hay and ';The Secret'; by Rhonda Byrne. Both great videos to get your mind on track and remind you that you are the one in control of your life.
There are so many things you can do for money for school. Talk to a school counselor and tell them you have no funds right now and need all the help you can get. As for your hubby-tell him to grow up and be a man. If you can't get him to help you over his own mama you need to give him a reality check. Seriously, when a man has a family the family comes first-not the parents. Good luck to you and don't give up on that education-
You just make sure that you keep going on with your education. It is wonderful that you have your A.A. and you are a soon to be mother. I've been in a very similar situation but now my husband is more mature and I am working on my Masters degree. I even have a beautiful 15 month old. Don't feel hopeless and don't feel discouraged. You can do it because I did!
yes i was crying 2 days ago for the same situation my husband rather help his sister pay her tuition than help me ! now he told me to get a job ! is so stupid that you can even count with the person you love and thought that they wil be by your side supporting you 100%. hang in there! at least you have you A.A i don't have none! congrats for your baby! try to talk to him to see if he help you! good luck
Motherhood is great but it's not going to pay the bills. Neither will your husband if he doesn't get his act together. If you want to go to school apply for grants and aid. There is always a way to do it. Good luck.
There are ways to fund your tuition so don't give up.





Maybe you want to focus on the baby right now...but there is a way.





Look for programs and scholarships that you can qualify for.





You can do it !! I know you will !






Your problems seem to start and end with your husband, maybe you should get rid of him and make a future for you and your child alone, and continue with your studies. Good luck.
you sound just like my brother. my mom wont sign a loan for school for him so he is thinking of giving up. don't let anyone stand in your way you do what you want to do follow your dreams.
If you work at a college your tuition is discounted, sometimes free, look for a job at a school.
Get a loan to go to school with....and once you have completed your education...get a job and leave your immature husband....
I suggest that you get a job and attempt to pay your own tutition.
grant time


Fill out a fafsa form and see if you can get money.
Congrats on your degree. Don't blame your husband for you not continuing though, not his fault. It is a huge priviledge to be able to afford or have access to a higher education, not a need or requirement.





Since you are having a baby you will likely qualify for federal grants and loans. You only have a couple more years of school so you won't end up in very much debt. I would go that route if you really want to continue.





Seriously, if you want to continue school you will.





BTW - children do not shower you with love...lol....they suck the life out of you then give you JUST enough love to make it balance out.
Keep ur head up girl, try not to worry or stress yourself over what has happened, just know that in time u will have your baby and hopefully when the baby is older u will be able to go back and do the things that u wanted to do, yes life can throw a curve ball in your way sometimes, and sometimes ur plans has to go on hold but with commitment, ,and perseverance u can and will make it, don't give up on ur dreams, just try again after the baby comes, and work even harder at making it come through for u.GL to you!
Wow, I would be very sad and feeling the same way that you do. I think that is great that you have a little one on the way and yes that will be unconditional and it will be great for you to feel that with your baby. Congrats on getting your AA that is a great accomplishment. I used to be with someone like that and did not really care about my college and put everything else in front of him so I ended it. I think it is sad that your husband isn't supportive and would rather be a mamma's boy than be your solid rock that you need in your life. I think you need to sit down and talk with your husband and explain to him how you are feeling and what is on your heart because if you don't then you will always regret talking to him about it. He won't be able to fix it unless you talk with him and let him know how you feel! You can still be ambititous so get out there and find ways to get to college. Take care!! :)
First, expect the shower to be cold. Yes, babies (and children in general) will love you unconditionally, but they are selfish and demanding too. They don't understand your needs, only their wants.





Question: You say you didn't plan your life to turn out this way... did you PLAN differently? If you didn't have a plan, you are right where you put yourself. BUT, your life hasn't ';turned out'; at all, yet. You're not finished. Stick to your guns and never give up on something better. And get the moron out of the clubs, he's going to be a father. He should start acting like one...

No comments:

Post a Comment